essential documents you need

Whether you are 18 or 88, there are decision-making documents you  should have in place to allow someone
to step-in to help you in an emergency situation or assist, when needed.
The world is getting more complicated.
Clear documentation is needed to identify the person or persons who can act on your behalf and with what authority.

You may want a specific person to make medical decisions when you cannot make them for yourself.  Even before a person needs to make medical decisions, someone may need to be able to talk to medical providers, your pharmacists, a nurse, or someone else in the medical field.  
There may be another person to help with banking or speaking with advisors.
Here are the essential documents you should have:

  • Appointment of a Healthcare Representative to allow the person you want to speak for you in medical emergencies to act.
  • HIPAA Authorization to allow a person(s) you wish to allow to speak with medical providers.
  • Living Will to address your end-of-life decisions to make your wishes clear and alleviate leaving that decision to someone else. 
  • General Durable Power of Attorney to allow your chosen "agent" to assist you with banking, property, financial assets, and planning as needed. 

To learn more about these Essential Documents as well as the opportunity to order your own, attorney-reviewed package for you to execute,
enter the requested information below. There is no charge for the additional information.
You will have the option to purchase your own Essential Documents Package if you choose to do so.
Entering your information and visiting the information page is purely educational, with no obligation to purchase anything.
We hope that it provides you the information to allow you to make better decisions for yourself and your needs. 

The information provided is for educational purposes only. It should not be deemed as stand-alone, legal advice.
There may be elements and concepts which could be used in planning. However, such determination would need to be discussed with an attorney to see how it may or may not apply to your specific situation.